Buscar

Heaven On Earth By: Marnie Grace A. Picson



The pearly gates of heaven is a great reward for a good job here on earth but in the present world, there can also be a piece of heaven and they are the ones who loves us unconditionally. There is a point in our lives where in we feel so alone and it seems that the whole world was against us. Thank goodness, God gave us our family. Our parents are enough to protect us from this cruel world. They are the ones who thought us the A-B-C's of life when we were in kindergarten and the ones who taught us to choose the battles that we fight as we grow up. My family is of an ordinary type. We live in a simple home but for me I had much. Much of my parents love and much of my siblings' support. Our family life may not be perfect but for me it is a piece of heaven that satisfies my longing for God. He is more closer deep within because of the family that He gave me. We are not a family of billionaires but I got so much love from my parents that like an eagle I can soar high amidst the storms of life. I am truly grateful to my parents and my two adorable siblings! Now my sister got married so I got two additional members of my family. A brother in law and a nephew named Shawn who is a wingless angel. He brought so much joy to us, especially to my parents' lives. Life has been kind. Looking forward to live life each day!


Aside from my family, I can't forget the warm love that my late dog Kaypi  gave us. He is my buddy for 15 years and He died of an unknown illness last July of 2012. Kaypi was given to me by my Aunt. He has a mixture of black and white fur, a cold black nose, sharp teeth, and a smile that reaches his ears. He was the one who makes me feel that my cooking was superb. Even though there are times that it wasn't that good enough, until I learned how to cook as time goes by. Kaypi is always with me by the time I cook for my family, He can't wait to taste the viands that I cooked. He was the one who stayed with us for 15 years. There were some dogs like Spotly, Happy and Papi but they were given away because they were noisy. Although it hurts me but I can't do anything. I am just living in with my parents. Moving forward, Kaypi became my close friend. I adore Him dearly. Yes he barks and bites but He loves me for being me, without any conditions. July last year was the saddest month for me when He died. It rained hard and there was lightening. What a co-incidence. The weather describes my emotions. I was more than sad. Now we bury Kaypi under our Dishwashing Area. He has His solitude there, and was still Home no matter what. I will never forget Kaypi, He was a great buddy and family member too!

I am a very introvert type of person. Although it is not obvious because I know how to mingle and treat others well. Not perfectly, but I also know how to put myself on others' shoes. I know I can't please everybody, but who can ignore a smile? Right? I have a lot of acquaintances but a few set of true and great friends. My college friends who may be a distance away in location but always reaches out. My Alta friends who are also a text away. My friends from Grade 1 and High school days, My cousin/friend from my former work and my close friend in my current work who encourage me to start on writing some blogs. You know girls and gays of who you are. Thank you for being my support system aside from God and my family. I want to say that I appreciate your friendship girls and gays. Much thanks especially to my  best friend Marissa in (Purple/Blue) for the 11 years of friendship. Thank you my best friend for being a sister that God forget to give me. You are such an awesome friend. You all are! Know that I am always here to stay.


Who says we can't have a piece of Heaven here on earth? You are wrong. For God allowed me to have these creatures to keep me grounded. To put my eyes on the stars but let my feet stay on the ground. I am so grateful to God for these priceless blessings. Without them I won't survive in this tricky and cruel world. I may not be a billionaire but I am rich with love that God, my family, my true friends gave me and will continue to give me, without complaining. God, Thank you for my support system. They make me strong. Now guys, I know you too have your own core and circle of love ones, so while they are still around don't forget to text, call, chat or hang out with them. Time is precious and short. Be blessed with your piece of heaven on earth. Being with them is so sweet. Savor the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment